I love Vera Bradley purses for several reasons. And yes I am a big fan. I don’t buy any other purse but VB purses. Yes, they are a bit pricey; however, the quality of the purse is well worth every cent. I can buy a VB purse and expect to keep it for at least two years.
I have bought purses from Wal-Mart and other discount stores for twenty dollars. With twenty dollars, you end up paying for purses with vinyl straps. These straps unravel quickly (like within a month or two). How disappointing is that?
I don’t have to worry about the straps for the Vera Bradley purses. Besides, VB purses are well constructed. The patterns are cute and the colors are vibrant.
I love it that my VB purse makes me feel good.
That’s my take on VB purses. You can find them on sale or also in consignment stores in good shape. But be quick at the consignment shops because they are snatched up quickly.
Sassy Baby Products
I am just in love with these products and so is my baby. In fact this is one of the toys she has and she loves gazing at herself and the cute little bee. Sassy products are colorful and keep the baby’s visual development in mind with patterns and contrasted colors. Here are a few more baby toys I picked up.
These products can be found at Wal-Mart. Depending on what you buy, some toys will not break the bank. I have seen these products sold at consignment stores.
I have only purchased the smaller toys. But my baby adores them. She especially likes the interesting rattle noises that the toys make.
She also loves looking at the eyes and face of the bees.
Well that’s pretty much my review for Sassy Baby Products.
This is a picture of a Betty Crocker rotisserie oven similar to the one I have. I have to say this is ONE of the best wedding gifts I have ever received.
The one I have is seventeen years old and I just can’t believe that it is still in great shape. I wanted to share some of the pros and cons for having a rotisserie oven.
- It will cook a lot of different meats in the oven. You don’t have to stick with just plain ol chicken. There is instructions on how to cook fish, turkey, beef roast, kabobs, cornish hens, and etc.
- Put the seasoned meat in and let it do its thing. No need to watch or hover over it.
- Like I said, I have had mine for seventeen years. I think that it has paid for itself many times over.
- Great to have when you want to make a small Thanksgiving turkey.
- It has a timer so that you know when the food is done.
- It comes with attachments like a metal basket.
- It does take some time to cook the food. I haven’t been able to make anything in say fifteen or thirty minutes.
- Clean up takes some time and it is pretty messy.
- While you can put a whole bird in the oven and feed quite a few people, you are limited to the number of people you can feed. Well you can cook all day with it. I am just saying if you only have one hours worth of cook time, then you can’t feed a ton of people.
While there are varieties of ovens out there, you will need to research the one that works for you and your family. I say that I am very happy to have received this as a gift.
I would recommend a rotisserie oven as a wedding gift. I don’t know that I would say Betty Crocker is the way to go because I am unfamiliar with how a new Betty Crocker oven would perform nowadays. I am not even sure that Betty Crocker offers an oven anymore. I would just say do the research and ask friends who have an oven what they think and then you can go from there.
I will share with you weekly products that I feel are worth the money to pay out for.
I am about frugality, but that term is subjective and I feel that my frugality may not be what others view it as.
I am going to share with you this week about shoes. I rarely buy shoes. I just am not that kind of gal. I have about ten pairs bought in the course of sixteen years. Of those, I really just only wear about three pair. Most working days I wear just one.
You can view my pair here. They are GoWalk shoes by Skechers. I choose black because most of my outfits black can go with. You can say I AM a minimalist when it comes to shoes. I wear these particular ones everywhere- church if I am wearing slacks, work, or out walking the dog. Just about anywhere. You can catch me wearing them to interviews as well. Hehe!! I have been known to work out in the yard with them. If they get dirty, I scrub the dirt off and good as new.
So yes they do cost some money. But I am all about purchasing quality at a decent price. Like I said, I do without much of the time when it comes to shoes. I have worn these shoes for at least a year and a half. I just recently bought another pair and still have my old shoes though worn, I plan to continue to wear them until the soles wear out.