The one I have is seventeen years old and I just can’t believe that it is still in great shape. I wanted to share some of the pros and cons for having a rotisserie oven.
- It will cook a lot of different meats in the oven. You don’t have to stick with just plain ol chicken. There is instructions on how to cook fish, turkey, beef roast, kabobs, cornish hens, and etc.
- Put the seasoned meat in and let it do its thing. No need to watch or hover over it.
- Like I said, I have had mine for seventeen years. I think that it has paid for itself many times over.
- Great to have when you want to make a small Thanksgiving turkey.
- It has a timer so that you know when the food is done.
- It comes with attachments like a metal basket.
- It does take some time to cook the food. I haven’t been able to make anything in say fifteen or thirty minutes.
- Clean up takes some time and it is pretty messy.
- While you can put a whole bird in the oven and feed quite a few people, you are limited to the number of people you can feed. Well you can cook all day with it. I am just saying if you only have one hours worth of cook time, then you can’t feed a ton of people.
While there are varieties of ovens out there, you will need to research the one that works for you and your family. I say that I am very happy to have received this as a gift.
I would recommend a rotisserie oven as a wedding gift. I don’t know that I would say Betty Crocker is the way to go because I am unfamiliar with how a new Betty Crocker oven would perform nowadays. I am not even sure that Betty Crocker offers an oven anymore. I would just say do the research and ask friends who have an oven what they think and then you can go from there.